Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Projects

I am so proud to report that I have completed all of my projects for this summer and more. I started this summer with several things in mind to complete and as August quickly comes to a close I realized that I've done it. I started with three tasks: make Hannah a butterfly quilt for Christmas, make the baby a blanket similar to Hannah's favorite blanket, and get Hannah's scrapbook updated. These three projects quickly expanded to completing a Texas Quilt for Hyrum, one I've been promising since we got married, updating our family photo album, getting all of the baby clothes washed and finding a place for them, making a book bag for our rocking chair, keep the apartment clean, get some meals in the freezer for when our help leaves us, make some more room in general for a new family member, and get a head start on the Christmas shopping. And I've done it.

I've also purchased the necessary items for Halloween costumes. Hannah is going to be a princess once I alter a dress I made for her last year for her birthday. It still doesn't fit so I decided to shrink it so she can wear it. And a pumpkin costume for the baby. With all of these projects finished I'm glad to take a little time off doing too much and just reading a book or two before I jump into more.

Since writing the above I have finished a biography on Agatha Christie, one of my favorite detective story writers and started work on the Halloween costumes. And . . . Hyrum is home!! So I get to work on what I can while we hope the baby comes sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of all the things I didn't accomplish from my summer list, I did get a girlfriend, so I think I'm just fine with whatever I did or didn't do.

Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! It's a great feeling when you can set a goals and complete them! Now, the fun part of the year is coming up, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas! Such an exciting time! You must post pictures! Anyway, I wish you luck in your goals ahead and hopefully someday we can meet again! We love you guys and take care good friend :)