Monday, February 23, 2009

Something to Look Forward to . . .



For those of you who don't know, I have sworn off chocolate. It may come as a shock, especially if you know my mother's cooking. It has happened for many reasons but mostly because I'm addicted and I really believe that addictions of any kind aren't very good. Mother's Day of 2007 marked the last day of chocolate for me until this last Father's Day weekend. Hyrum and I spent a night at this great bed and breakfast in Half Moon Bay and for breakfast they brought us this great hot chocolate. It was wonderful. I decided that it would be my free day. I really wanted to indulge in a huge hot fudge sundae but I had to settle for a couple Ghiradelli chocolate bars in San Fransisco. I was good for a couple more months and then Jonathan came and totally broke my resolve. I think eating chocolate was a coping mechanism for me. Well then Christmas came and we all know how bad the holidays can be to our waistline so, I have determined, no more cheating.

Why am I telling you this? Well one of the hardest things about this is going into the kitchen and only having chocolate treats or not having any idea what kind of treat to make without chocolate if I really want one. So, I am going to try to post a new recipe every week without chocolate. I'm shooting for Fridays but we shall see. So if you're looking for yummy treat ideas without chocolate I hope to deliver.

No comments: