Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hannah


Our little Hannah Bug is doing great. I realized that Jonathan is pretty much in the limelight every time I post on here so here is one for Hannah.

Right she is doing pretty good. We have good days and bad day but hey, that is what having kids is all about. The last week almost every morning she has gotten up and helped herself to a plastic container and the Cheerios. I love independence when it comes to food. She loves to dress up and is constantly asking if we're going "Bapa's house (Grandma and Grandpa's house)".

She has a sweet tooth the size of Texas. She can spot a sweet treat a mile away. Chocolate was one of her first words. Thanks Grandma Hollingshead. Whenever I bring out my mixer she has to be right there and no matter what I am making, she had better get a taste.

She has so many words and loves to talk and sing. The other day she told me she wanted to sing the Mommy Song. I had no idea what that was and asked her to sing it for me. She proceeded to sing, "Mommy song, mommy song, mommy song," over and over again to her own little tune. She then did this for Hannah, Jonathan and Daddy too. It was great.

She has a wonderful imagination too. She could have a conversation with just about anything I think. This may because of me. Yesterday we were talking to her balloon. They have a tendency to escape the car while at the grocery store and we were just telling it to stay in the car as we were getting out. This happens regularly so consequently she also talks to spoons, bugs, stickers and more. It's pretty fun.

Potty training is the bane of my existence these days. She was doing great and has completely forgotten how to do it again. Ahhhh. I hate laundry and I have only added to the pile. We've passed the point of no return though and we will get this done, someday.

She continues to love her brother but she loves to lay on top of him. We have to remind her to "give him space," then she talks about everyone's space for five minutes. She really is a joy to have. She is learning so much and we are really having fun with her.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love my little niece. She is so cute. She is after my heart...I do love chocolate too.

I can't wait to see you guys in July..,.so glad that you will all be there. I am really excited.

BTW: Sammy loved talking to you guys on the phone yesterday. Also...just now she saw a picture of Hyrum on your blog...she said, "hey...that's Hyrum...I really like Hyrum." I thought it was funny that she recognized him...she has only seen him like 3 times in her whole life. haha.

Marci said...

hang in there with the potty training... it gets better and then worse and then better and then worse (but not as bad as the time before). Its a tricky thing for kids to figure out!

Margaret said...

Josh's mom and dad ate his easter candy. Hehehe.

Potty training...curse it. I'm currently building the nerves to start.