Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Transistions

Today I made Charlotte's crib into a toddler bed. I also realized that we really do have to make sure we set her a place at the table. She always has a bowl, fork and a cup. She still sits in the high chair and I still have to feed her (I'm ok with that, less mess), but she is certainly growing up.

Jonathan is getting ready to take more responsibility on with regards to his personal hygiene and even almost always insists on taking a shower.

Hannah eats with a "real" fork these days and occasionally is even granted permission to have a knife. Hannah ties her own shoes and is responsible for putting her own toothpaste on the toothbrush--though yesterday after she did it, there was a piece of toilet paper in the garbage covered in toothpaste. Oh well.

They are growing up so fast. I look at Hannah and see what she will become more than I see who she has been. I am beginning to realize how soon Jonathan too will enter the school phase and that soon, Charlotte will no longer be "the baby." It's fun and a little sad at the same time. I love them and am learning to enjoy each today more than looking forward to tomorrow. Here's to the adventure of life.

1 comment:

shiloh said...

You see who she will become more than who she has been... that is so beautiful and poetic. It was nice to see you the other day.