Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happy Birthday to me!

In February, I turned 30 years old.  I'm not a big fan of my birthday because I feel like it's suppose to be a special day but I'm the only one who knows that.  Most years I try to make it a good day for my kids thinking if they are having fun I will be having a good day too.  It always back fires. This year I decided to have a party, just for me, no kids and no husband either.


A few friends came over and we crafted and ate popcorn--four different flavors, crafted and painted toenails.  I had a good time.  I made party favors and everything.  Of course I failed to take many pictures.  At the end of the party, Hyrum arrived home from a week long trip and my parents pulled in the driveway for the weekend. 


Saturday, we celebrated with a birthday dinner and Hannah's first piano recital.  It was fun to have friends and family all together to celebrate Hannah and I together.  We topped it off with cake and presents.  It was a good day and finally a good birthday for the books.  I think I need to celebrate more often : )


No comments: