Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer Roadtrip 2009--Utah, the 1st Week


Well Rachel, the kids and I made it to Provo before we melted, barely. I was so happy we made it. I hate driving and a 7-ish hour drive is really pushing it for me. Thank goodness Rachel was with us. Hyrum was off climbing mountains with his brother. I'll let him write about that.

Tuesday I met up with an old college friend. I hadn't seen her in years and it was great to catch up and hear about her little family. We also got the car fixed and it was only a minor problem. Yay for that.

Wednesday evening Konni was good enough to put our kids to bed while Hyrum and I went to see "Singing in the Rain" at the Hale Center Theater. It was really fun. We had front row seats and boy were we glad for the ponchos they gave us at the beginning. We would have been soaked. It was cute and a fun date.

Another highlight was a great visit with Grandma and Grandpa Wright on our way up to airport. The kids liked playing downstairs and it was nice to sit and talk with Grandma and Grandpa. It's always nice to have family one on one.


Saturday we made our rounds up north to some friends in south Salt Lake and a family reunion in Layton. It was quite the day. I loved seeing my old room mates and friends we miss from Texas. It's so nice to see that though you don't get to see people everyday there are some people that will be with you always and will always be a part of your life even though miles may separate you.

No comments: