Monday, October 31, 2011

One Step Ahead . . .


Lately that has been my goal, just try and stay one step ahead. Mostly it has worked, though as you may have noticed our blog has suffered. The last few weeks have been busy. We've had lots of doctor appointments, three birthdays over the past three months, work, school, and just all of the changes that Hannah starting school has brought. It really has taken an adjustment.

My day doesn't really get started until about 10 am, though I'm up at 5:30. I get up and do some scripture study and then Hannah gets up at 5:50. The other two kids follow her pretty quickly and then it's hurry and get ready. I get her on the bus and the other two kids and I go for a walk. I walk about 5 miles while Jonathan runs around with his friends, Ben and William. We get home between 8:30 and 9 and then by the time I shower and feel ready to go out if need be it's usually 10. It means my days go by really fast when lunch gets here and then naps and then the bus and then dinner and bedtime.

I find I'm not getting as much done as usual but I still feel really good about things. The kids are happy and learning a lot as we work on things at home. Charlotte is so happy and easy going. It's hard to believe my baby is 1. It's even harder to believe that in April #4 will be joining us. Life is fun and crazy all at once.


I have lot's of sewing to do between now and Christmas and then packing and planning and preparing for all the changes that April and May will bring with a new baby and graduation. I have a feeling these next 6 months are going to fly.


Hannah is doing great at school. Her reading has made amazing strides the last few weeks. She now tries to read just about anything she sees. It is so exciting. Jonathan is just loving being the man of the house. It kind of cramps his style when Hannah is home from school. He is a great kid and makes us laugh a lot. Charlotte is super sweet. She is an explorer and adventurous but will give anyone a hug that will give her one. She loves to laugh and the other day tried to run after Jonathan. I don't know if I'm ready for another climber though.


What blessings the Lord has given us. I am so thankful for our family and friends. I promise, you are all on our thoughts and in our hearts.

3 comments:

Editt said...

How fun! I can't believe how much they've grown, especially Charlotte. I can't wait for more posts...oh and that tutorial on that special gift you are making for your kids. :)

Marci said...

i had to take a nap after reading your morning schedule. you never cease to amaze me.

Petertammenson said...

Heather, congratulations!!!! Babies are just the best!