Saturday, January 30, 2016

No more Castle Room!

When we bought our house there was a little bedroom with a castle mural on one wall.   It was the castle room.  I had thought of it as being the office/guestroom but after having Ben, we decided Hannah needed her own space.  Being the oldest is rough, Hyrum and I know it so we wanted to give Hannah a little space to call her own.


We tested about five different colors and finally settled on a pale purple.  Then it was time to fill holes, sand down parts of the mural, clean, tape and paint.  It took me a while to get the painting done but it turned out really well.


I put up some shelves, repainted a desk I bought at a garage sale, hung some drapes, bought some lamps and made some artwork.  I also added a cushion to the top of an old toy chest to add more seating and color. 


We included pictures of the Savior and the temple and a place to hang her special memories.


It no longer looks quite so tidy but she loves her space and I think it came out quite well.  Now I'm working on the other two bedrooms. 

No comments: