Saturday, April 9, 2016

April Fool's Day

We're not generally celebrators of April Fool's Day, but I do love to make at least one thing for dinner that is something other than what it seems.  I had a whole menu planned but only executed these tasty morsels.

Divinity mixture
Fondant mixture
I made Irish potato candy.  After my recent homemade candy success I decided to try a more involved recipes.  This one required Divinity and fondant. I made the each individual candy and then added melted chocolate chips and walnuts.  You then roll your "potatoes" in a mixture of powdered sugar, cinnamon and cocoa powder.  At first they were a little weird with the cocoa and cinnamon but over times they had a nice cinnamon flavor without much of the cocoa.  The kids loved them. 

Divinity setting up

All ready to roll
 I made Irish potato candy.  After my recent homemade candy success I decided to try a more involved recipes.  This one required Divinity and fondant. I made the each individual candy and then added melted chocolate chips and walnuts.  You then roll your "potatoes" in a mixture of powdered sugar, cinnamon and cocoa powder.  At first they were a little weird with the cocoa and cinnamon but over times they had a nice cinnamon flavor without much of the cocoa.  The kids loved them. 

Little potatoes ; )


I put one on everyone's plates and the kids came in and of course started asking questions.  They weren't sure what to think until Jonathan came in and could smell the cinnamon.  The light bulb went on for Hannah and they had a good laugh about their potatoes. 

No comments: