Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Brrr . . .

The weather here has been in the high 70's and even in the 80's. I think that's a little too warm especially for March but, that's what we've had. This morning that wasn't the case. I think Austin rivals Chicago for a windy city. I woke up this morning to the front window clattering in it's track and a howling wind blowing into our apartment. I shut the window and figured the front would take a little while to bring the rain. 20 minutes later I opened the door to meet my friends and it was raining, not a gentle rain but big drops accompanied by the still howling north wind. I walked up to my friends apartment--fast--and together we decided to brave the elements and walk our two miles. By the time we finished we were wet and cold but hey we finished our walk. I'm so glad cold weather is back. It can hang out for a few more weeks.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Way to go Heather. I am impressed that you went walking in the rain...not my idea of fun...but hey...at least you are dedicated!