Saturday, March 7, 2009

Texas Independence Day

I'm a little late, but, better late than never. March 2 is Texas Independence Day. When Hyrum and I started dating we had a particularly fun date to celebrate Texas Independence Day. Since then we have made it a point to celebrate this holiday every year.

This year it fell on Monday so we waited to have our festivities until Friday. What did we do? We had a party. We invited a few friends over and I made way too much food. We had a great time though. Mostly just chit chat and later we busted out Apples to Apples. I made good ole bean dip, fruit dip with strawberries, grapes, and apples, and some tortilla roll-ups with ham, turkey and an assortment of cream chees filling. We washed it all down with my favorite lemonade. It was fun to have friends over and miraculously our kids slept through the whole thing. Yay for random holidays that give us a reason to celebrate.

No comments: