Saturday, March 7, 2009

Homemade Vanilla Pudding

I love homemade vanilla pudding. One of my favorite Thanksgiving pies is a vanilla cream with a graham cracker crust. Yum. So here is a recipe for vanilla pudding. It is the easiest recipe I have found and tastes great too. Strawberries add a fun flavor especially for the coming summer picnic season. If you want, this will make enough pudding to make a vanilla cream pie. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

Vanilla Pudding

2/3 cup sugar
4 tbsp cornstarch
3 cups milk
4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
2 tbsp butter or margarine
2 tsp vanilla extract

In a medium saucepan mix together the sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add the milk and egg yolks. Stir it until blended and them cook on medium heat stirring constantly until mixture boils. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it right to the top of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for several hours or until cold. This will keep in your fridge for a few days but the faster you eat it the better.

3 comments:

Tori said...

That looks really good. I think we'll have that for FHE treats tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe!

Emily said...

Okay...you seriously have to move back to Utah. I want that so bad! Sorry we missed your call the other day...things have been a little crazy here.

Sally said...

Yum, that looks delish! So I don't know what took me so long to figure out you have a new blog, but I'm glad you left a comment on mine so that I could find it! :) Your kids are darling--and thanks for the Tylenol tip!!