Sunday, February 28, 2016

January

January passed by in a blur.  The month started out with a new experience for our family.  Both Spencer and Ben developed Hand foot and Mouth Disease.  We've not had the experience before and thankfully our bout with it was pretty tame.  We only had external blisters and congestion.  My kids slept fine and didn't have any blisters in their mouths.  I was really grateful for that although it is really hard to tell a kids who feels fine that he can't go anywhere because of his spots.  Spencer wasn't too happy to be left out of a few things for a week and a half.


Hannah had a violin concert.  I was able to accompany her and that was fun.  I didn't get to go at all last year because of Ben's birth and our trip to Italy so it was nice to see her play.  The difference in skill between the 3rd and 4th graders was amazing.


This is Jonathan on Dress Like your Hero Day.  He wanted to dress like his Dad and we had to find the best shirt and tie combination.  He was pretty proud of it.  Hannah donned an apron and went as me.  They're sweet kids.  I'm glad we can be their heroes. 

 

My brother and his wife had a reception in New York in February and I was in-charge of the decorations.   These hearts were part of the decor and I spent a couple days cutting and sewing them.  They turned out nicely.  

We kept warm and busy.  Thankfully we only had one two hour delay that month and so far not any super cold days. 

No comments: