Monday, February 22, 2016

November

Applesauce in process
 I brought back at least 3 bushels of apples from my parents and they needed to be processed so I spent the next week or so making applesauce.  Hyrum is a great helper and loves to turn the crank on the applesauce maker as well as watch the gauge on the pressure cooker.  We make unsweetened applesauce so it couldn't be easier.  We just clean, chop, cook, sauce and seal.  We made at least 40 quarts of applesauce.  It was a happy day when we finished though.


November brings Thanksgiving and we decided to stay home this year.  My parents were good enough to join us for a few days and we also celebrated Ben's birthday.  I can't believe he is 1.  I remember thinking a year ago, "I just have to survive this year and it will be alright".  We survived and life is good.  He is a great guy and we are so glad we have him.  That thought crosses my mind at least once a day right now.  He adds such joy and love to our home. 


No comments: